The church was built in the 16th century according to the inscription of 1527 engraved on the main portal. The facade has been remodelled several times over the centuries and the from the original building only the main door and the side door have been preserved. On both lintels are carved the symbol of the preacher San Bernardino of Siena - JHS - the monogram of the name of Jesus.
Inside it has a single nave with side chapels and a large central dome, decorated in the Baroque style. The wooden altar is from the 17th-century and has twisted columns and the emblem of the barons Pietropaoli.